Scope of Policy
MediSeen Inc. (“MediSeen”, “us”, “we” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of Personal Information (defined below).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We connect individuals to health care providers through the Platform. In order to provide our service, we may collect certain identifiable information about you such as your gender, age, residential address, telephone number, email address, payment information, and your personal health information, including your height, weight, health card number, health insurance information, and medical history (collectively, “Personal Information”).
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Registration: You do not have to create an account in order to browse our Website. However, in order to use our service, you will need to register and create an account through the App or Website. We collect your name, gender, date of birth, residential address, telephone number and email address to create and administer an online account and provide you with access to our service.
- Booking Appointments: We collect certain Personal Information when you book an appointment with a health care provider including your name, height, weight, reason for booking the visit, medical history and emergency contact information. We use his information to book your appointment and provide the health care provider with the necessary background information in order to deliver the health care services.
Once you book an appointment, we will also collect payment information including cardholder name, billing address, card number, expiration date and security code to process payments. If you are receiving a health service that is covered under a provincial health insurance provider (such as the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (“OHIP”)) we will also collect your health card number and insurance provider information to submit a claim.
- Communications: We may use Personal Information to communicate with you by mail, email or telephone regarding our service or other services that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in email communications or by contacting MediSeen at the contact information set out below. Even if you opt-out, you may continue to receive certain transactional communications from MediSeen such as emails related to appointment confirmation and reminders.
- Surveys and Customer Research: From time to time, we may offer the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys or other customer research. The information obtained through our surveys and customer research is used in an aggregated form to help us understand our customers and to enhance our product and service offerings.
- Call Recording: We may monitor and record our telephone conversations for training and quality assurance purposes. You will be provided with a notice at the beginning of any call that is being recorded. If you do not wish to have your call recorded, please let us know.
- Contacting Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for Personal Information (such as your name, address and telephone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly respond to your comment or question. We may retain this information to assist you in the future to improve our customer service and our Platform.
Disclosure of Personal Information
MediSeen will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer Personal Information, without consent, except as otherwise set out herein or as required or permitted by law.
- Circle of Care: If you receive services through our Platform, you may authorize us to share your Personal Information among health care providers in your circle or care for the purposes of providing continuity in respect of health services.
- Service Providers: Personal Information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to third parties in Canada who provide services on MediSeen’s behalf. MediSeen may use service providers to verify Personal Information (such as identity and payment information), administer the Platform and send email or other communications. In the event Personal Information is transferred to the U.S. or other foreign jurisdiction, it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction. Service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose Personal Information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Legal/Compliance: MediSeen and its service providers may provide Personal Information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, (which may include lawful access by Canadian, U.S. or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), to other organizations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law. Personal Information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of MediSeen or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
Website Information, Cookies, and Interest-based Advertising
Visiting our Website: In general, you can visit the Website without telling us who you are or submitting any Personal Information. However, we and/or our service providers collect IP (Internet protocol) addresses from all visitors to the Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, language, operating system and average time spent on our Website. This information is used to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve the Website.
Tracer Tags & Web Beacons: Our Website may also use a technology called “tracer tags” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Website. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor our Website for you and other future visitors to our Website.
Analytics: We may also use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Website (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the Website. For more information or to opt-out using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” and “Google Analytics and Privacy”.
Safeguards and Retention We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the Personal Information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to Personal Information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements. We have record retention processes designed to retain Personal Information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements (which may extend beyond the end of a User’s relationship with us).
Access to Personal Information You may request to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating or correction by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain Personal Information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her Personal Information records.
Phone : 4163566409